Who we are
The White River Christian Church Food Pantry’s mission is to secure and distribute food to the needy in the name of Jesus in an effort to alleviate hunger in the greater Hamilton County, Indiana area. Our Pantry is a 100% volunteer organization. We do not receive any government assistance for the procurement of food to operate our pantry. We regularly provide 225 families with food each week.
What we do
Our Food Pantry secures food and non-food essentials (toilet paper, soap, toothpaste, laundry detergent, etc.) through purchases and donations. The Food Pantry purchases about half of what is distributed at significantly reduced costs through organizations such as Gleaners Food Bank, Meijer, Red Gold Tomatoes and others. Donated items are received from individuals, churches, businesses, and organizations as well as the Midwest Food Bank, and local grocery chains such as Kroger, and many others. We serve residents of Hamilton County each week without requiring them to meet any financial guidelines or requirements.
We are a "choice" Pantry
We operate a "choice" pantry. This means each household coming to our pantry is permitted to shop through the pantry picking out the food and household items that they want and/or need. The amount of food and non-food items a client is permitted is based upon their family (household) size.
How can I help?
Have you ever known what it means to be hungry? Have you ever wondered where your family's next meal would come from? We have people right here in our community that know these realities all too well. Jesus told us that whenever we serve "the least of these" we are serving Him.
This is a great opportunity for you to be a part of this amazing mission of God. Below are several opportunities for you to get involved in this ministry. You can make a difference as you help fill people up with food and God's love!
- Fill a "Food Pantry Bag" of shelf stable food products (canned goods, dried goods, etc.) and drop it off at the Church in the drop box next to the Community Works counter anytime M-F between 8:00am and 4:30pm.
- Drop off your donation at the Food Pantry on Tuesdays between 9:00am and noon, or on Thursdays between 10:00am and 5:00pm.
- If you represent a business or have any questions about donations, please contact our Food Pantry Coordinator, Deb Diaz, at (317) 294-3802 or at .
- A receipt for your donation may be obtained at the time of your donation at the Food Pantry, or you may have a receipt sent to you.
- Follow this link for Ways To Give.
Serve at the Food Pantry
There are many opportunities to serve at the Food Pantry from sorting food and stocking shelves to assisting guests with shopping and taking food to their cars.